Pages

Friday 28 June 2013

By the Seashore Layered Card

Those who know me well know how much I love to be by the coast. Just being by the sea for a few hours seems to restore me both physically and mentally. I have a number of cards planned to reflect the sea or coast line which I will post once completed. Today's card uses elements from By the Seashore from Stampin' Up!



To make the card you need three layers of white card and three layers of coloured card, including the card base. The coloured card measurements are A5 (card base), 12.3 x 8 cm and 9.8 x 5.5 cm. The white card measurements are 14.3 x 10 cm, 11.8 x 7.5 cm, 9.3 x 5 cm. Layer up the white card and hold in place with glue dots or small strips of repositionable tape (be careful not to stick the layers together permanently).

I've used the starfish and sand dollar from the set and stamped them randomly onto the Stampin' Up! whisper white card in Stampin' Up! pool party and indigo island. The images won't stamp perfectly, because of the layers, but any unstamped areas of the image should be covered by the coloured layers.

When you have completed the stamping layer the white card onto the coloured card (in this instance I've used Stampin' Up! island indigo card).


Here is a close up of how the layers fit together. I have added a sentiment from Stampin' Up! Itty Bitty Banners, and then die cut using Stampin' Up! Itty Bitty framelits. This was added to the top layer with foam pads. Before adhering the smallest white layer to the smallest indigo island layer I wrapped some Stampin' Up! poole party bakers twine around it.

I added an insert on which I also stamped a starfish in pool party to pull the card and insert together.



On my latest trip to Florida, to see my sister Gillian, we collected a few Sand Dollars from the beach. These had been washed up by Topical Storm Andrea. I love these creatures, which are flat sea urchins and the legend that goes with them is just as beautiful. You can read a version of the poem here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Angela

Ingredients

Stamps: Stampin' Up! By the Seashore, Itty Bitty Banners
Ink: Stampin' Up! Pool Party, Island Indigo
Card: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Island Indigo
Other: Stampin' Up! Itty Bitty framelits, Pool Party Bakers Twine, foam pads from stash

No comments:

Post a Comment