Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Love and Sympathy

Unfortunately it was necessary for me to send a sympathy card on more than one occasion just  before Christmas. It's never easy to send such a card and as we approach Christmas I think it is even harder.

Stampin' Up! has a couple of stamp sets and sentiments that work well on sympathy cards and the Love and Sympathy set is a lovely example. This card uses the sentiments and flower that come as part of the set:


I used Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade markers to ink up the flower. The frame is drawn free hand in Lucky Limeade using the finest point of the marker. I punched two small holes either side of the stem and threaded White and Calypso Coral Bakers Twine.


The sentiment was stamped in Calypso Coral. I also used Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade on the insert too.


The floral image comes from the Flowering Flourishes set and was inked up using marker pens. Here is a close up of the verse stamped in Calypso Coral:


What you'll need to make this card:


Stamps: Stampin' Up! Love and Sympathy, Flowering Flourishes
Card: Very Vanilla, Ivory Confetti (retired) for the base, ivory paper for the insert  from my own stash
Ink: Calypso Coral
Other: Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade markers, Calypso Coral Bakers Twine

I have another design for a sympathy card which I'll post separately.

See you soon


Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment