Pages

Monday 22 October 2012

Flowers in Eggplant

I'm back with the Perfectly Preserved set, which I just love. The card and gift box were made for a friend whose birthday it is this week - I don't think she'll be looking at my blog....and I won't therefore spoil the surprise.

I've kept the layout simple using the jar and flowers:

 
 
I used the new Naturals White card stock, which is really lovely, and stamped the jar in black Stazon ink. The water was done using a Bashful Blue Write Marker and Bashful Blue Watercolour Wonder Crayon. I mixed them together with my aquapainter. The stems are in Old Olive, and the flowers are in Elegant Eggplant. Stampin' Up have also put together a set of framelits dies that work with the Perfectly Preserved stamp set - making cutting the flowers out so much easier. Here's a close up of them:
 
 
The sentiment is from the same set, inked in Elegant Eggplant, and has been cut out using one of the Bitty Banners Framelit dies. As you can see the sentiment fits this die perfectly.
 
 
I also made a complementary gift box for her present.
 
 
The Box was made using 12 x 12 textured cardstock in Elegant Eggplant (now retired). The decoration on the top is made using a sheet from the Designer Series Paper Stack in Naturals, with the corners punched using the Scallop Trim Corner punch. The flower is made using the Blossom punch and is finished off with a Rhinestone Basisc Jewel. Here's another view of it.
 
 
I made the tag using Naturals White cardstock, to complement the card, using the single flower from the Bordering on Romance stamp set, in Regal Rose and Gumball Green (I think!). The sentiment is from Curly Cute, stamped in Elegant Eggplant. The tag is then finished with some Scallop Dots Ribbon in Elegant Eggplant.
 
 
 
To make this card and gift box you will need:

Stamps: Stampin' Up! Perfectly Preserved, Bordering on Romance, Curly Cute
Cardstock/Paper: Naturals White, DSP Naturals
Inks: Staz On Black, Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive,
Other: Stampin' Write Markers in Regal Rose, Gumball Green and Bashful Blue; Bitty Banners Framelits; Perfectly Preserverd Framelits; Scallop Dots Ribbon; Rhinestone Jewels; Scallop Trim Corner punch; Blossom punch and Watercolor Wonder Crayons.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment