Pages

Sunday 17 June 2012

Quick and Easy Flowers

Are you like me, and suddenly realise that you need a card quickly? Well the following two card designs are quick to make and I thought you might appreciate having these ideas to hand.

For this first card I stamped one of the designs from Pocket Silhouettes in Island Indigo. I love the three designs in this set, which comes with two sentiment stamps, the other one being 'friend to friend'.


The card is made using Whisper White A4 Smooth Card Stock and I layered a strip of paper from the DSP Beyond the Garden set. The flowers were stamped onto whisper white card and then I punched them out using the Decorative Label punch.

The next card is made using one of the other flowers in the Pocket Silhouettes stamp set. This time I used the Lucky Limeade and Calypso Coral Stampin' Write Markers to ink up the flowers and stems separately.  I stamped onto Whisper White card and inked the edges using Calypso Coral. The sentiment is from a lovely set called Curvey Verses and was inked in Lucky Limeade and stamped onto Whisper White card and the edges were again inked in Calypso Coral. Both of these pieces were then glued on to some Lucky Limeade A4 Smooth Card.


I also used Lucky Limeade A4 Smooth Card stock to make the base card, and then layered Whisper White card which had been embossed using the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impression and my Bigshot. Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon was wrapped around the white card before being glued to the card. The flower and sentiment were then added to the left of the Whisper White.



I also wanted to share a gift idea. Taking a small notebook that could be bought in most stationers (different sizes are also available) I thought I would smarten it up. The picture below gives you an indication of the size I used.


Firstly I  covered the front and back covers in Island Indigo Patterns Designer Series Paper, using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I then stamped one of the images from the Printed Petals stamp set in Island Indigo, and cut it out. I layered the image onto the front of the notpad using Stampin' Dimensionals, to give it a little lift. I've added a little bling using a Jewels Rhinestone to the centre of the flower. The whole thing was topped off with a bow in Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon, as you can see below.



To make the cards you'll need:

Flower Card One
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes
Ink: Island Indigo
Card stock: Whisper White
Other: Designer Series Paper (DSP) - Beyond the Garden, Decorative Label punch


Flower Card Two
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Curvey Verses
Ink: Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade
Card stock: Whisper White, Lucky Limeade
Other: Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade Stampin' Write Markers, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions, Ruffled Ribbon in Lucky Limeade

And for the notebook you'll need

Stamps: Printed Petal
Ink: Island Indigo
Card stock: Whisper White
Other: In Color 2011-2013 Designer Series Paper Stack, Rhinestone Jewels, Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon, Multipurpose Glue
If you are interested in Stampin' Up! product drop me a line.

I hope you have had a lovely weekend, at least we saw the sun, or we did in the Reading area! I'll be back soon.

Angela x


No comments:

Post a Comment